Got a taste for writing thrillers? Then today's post should get the juices simmering and the ink flowing!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mark Twain and My Blog

The reports of my blog's death have been greatly exaggerated!

Moribund maybe, but dead? Sorry!

Now it's back--with a vengence.

So what's happened since last I wrote?

Here's the big news: TOR/Forge, part of Macmillan, has bought two of my novels: THE ZODIAC DECEPTION and its prequel THE HOUDINI KILLER. The contracts have been signed, the ink has dried and the money has been deposited. Now somebody said I actually have to write the books. If I had known that's the way publishing works. . . . Fortunately Jim Frenkel's my editor and he's one of the best there is, so I have this sneaky suspicion they'll get done and done well.

Next: I'll be overhauling this blog. Besides my travails as a novelist, and assorted other me-related news (hey, it's my damn blog) it'll have my ruminations on writing.  Wait, wait--don't groan yet.  I'm determined not to rehash the same old common wisdom, at least not without putting a spin on them, which some might see as heretical. Let the discussions/arguments begin. I'll also be making the blog more visitor-friendly, whatever the hell that means.

Then: I'll be pointing to other things--books, blogs, articles, breakfast cereals--that merit looking into. Just my opinion, of course but see "it's my damn blog" above.

And, oh, yes, for those of you have come to this blog hoping I might address "other matters," (and you know who you are)  let me simply say don't believe everything you read (you'd be surprised how much disguised fiction is out there) and add, so you're not totally disappointed, in my own time and in my own way.

Until tomorrow . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Gary, congratulations on the news about your books!!! Your wonderful wife has kept me posted on the happenings with the whole scenario and I am so happy you stuck with it!!! You so deserve the good coming to you!!

    Sincerely,

    Renee' in Syracuse, NY

    ReplyDelete